Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The circus in town



Oh to be a kid again...I planned a circus party for my daughter Allie's 3rd birthday. I planned it several months in advance and had a blast the entire time. This is the birthday girl in her super cute outfit I purchased from ebay.



As the kids walked in they went to the ticket booth and received tickets for the refreshment stand.

















After they received their tickets, they walked through the tent

















And under the "big top" ( I used rolls of plastic table cloth to cover the walls. I found them on sale for $6.95 a roll at Party city and I used 6 colors. I didn't even use one full roll of each.)






I decided not to use tables for the adults and instead set up chairs around the outer walls and kept the center for the kinds. Making the kids part of the show. I thought about when we go to the circus you don't have tables you eat in your chair so I went that route, plus I knew I had a ton of kids coming so it gave me more room.





The "refreshment" stand















I bought these ice cream cones from baskin robbins-TOO CUTE!!




The Cake

The clown







~Favor boxes ~
I used a paper popcorn box as my container. I put a box of animal crackers inside to give me the height I needed for the other items. The other items were a silly straw, whirly pop,circus peanuts, clown nose, animal shaped eraser, animal pencil, dot candies, taffy, cotton candy and popcorn (both of which I put in small craft bags and made bag toppers)



Whirly pops are a must at a circus party!




















I made bags of trailmix for the adults with bag toppers. On the front it said "monkey mix" on the back it said " please don't feed the animals"





















This was such a fun party!


1 comment:

  1. Really cute...How did you attach the tablecloth to the walls? Did you use tape?

    ReplyDelete